Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Stills: Self Portrait


Here is this week's challenge. I felt very challenged doing this. Normally I don't mind having my picture taken, but actually shooting a self portrait is a totally different thing I've learned.
I took my camera downtown Toronto to try some adventurou
s shots, when the darn battery went dead. Then Saturday I didn't take it while walking the dog, then the rain came and messed me up.

Trying to learn different ways to express or shoot pics., I decided to go to the basement and utilize our son's blackboard wall.

Like it or hate it, I tried to be creative and sent the timer. I did try to make this blur. It worked.

Then I thought I shouldn't put a blurry shot up, so I tried to take an profile version.
I don't have a remote and I try to use Manual settings, so getting the right focus and lighting is tricky.


So these are my takes on the self portrait. I am not really pleased with them, but I was willing to challenge myself which is needed.

Oh, that is a banjo in the background. I thought I needed to add some content. And yes, I do play it, just not very well.

I shall now post, and check out the others.


15 comments:

The Wife said...

You're too funny! Isn't funny how photographers hate to take pictures of themselves! You did a great job. Very creative!

threecollie said...

They came out very nice...good job...

Ed said...

very cool, I should have done the tripod/timer thing. Maybe next time.

gtyyup said...

Love the blackboard idea!!! Very creative...but, really the photos are great! The first one is just interesting to look at...all the motion. Nicely done!

Paula said...

Perfect! Love the blackboard and your Pete arrow. Great job!

Jen Mo said...

Wow, the first one made me dizzy!!! Great job!

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Okay, the first one...I love the blur!

CTG Ponies said...

Very nice! The blackboard was a cool idea!

Andrea said...

Love the first one....different and cool!! Great job this week!! :)

Rising Rainbow said...

Great shots! I especially like that you planned the blurry effect.

J9 said...

Pete,
I like the addition of the banjo - I too have one that does not get played!

Shirley said...

I like the blackboard idea, too funny! I actually like the blurred one, it's quite creative.

Sabrina said...

Great idea with the blur. It was a nice addition! Chalkboard was neat, too! A good idea for future use!

Regular Guy said...

Nice work with the blur. Great job with the lighting too.

MariesImages said...

I like how you did the blur, it came out great~ The background was wonderful, including the banjo!!!
Marie