Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Stills: In Motion

Okay followers, here is my take on the Sunday Stills In Motion challenge.

We were walking our Black Lab, Coal, around the shoreline of Nottawasaga Bay at my parents' cottage. I like this shot because it sort of has 3 elements of In Motion. My wife's arm tossing, the Chuck-It in flight, and our dog taking off as usual before he knows where it is going.

My second image is one of my favourites. This is the same day, and my wife had hid on our dog, and he was bolting over to where he saw her. For some reason he reminds me of a Jack Rabbit.



These shots were taken before I thought of getting more into photographing.
I look forward to your comments, likes or dislikes and critiquing.

18 comments:

CTG Ponies said...

I love the shot of the dog in mid-flight.

MariesImages said...

Fun shots, especially fun for your pup....Ü Looks like all had a wonderful time on this photo shoot!
Marie

threecollie said...

Both shots are great, but the bottom one is incredible! Ears up, tail up, so intent! I just love it!

Tracey said...

The bottom one is fun, but I rather like the monochromatic color you got on the top (well, except the sky is kinda funky up there, it would have been perfect if you'd had a big mountain to carry the snow to the top! Maybe you need to move to the base of a mountain...)

Pete said...

Thanks for your comments. Tracey, although i would love to have mountains, it's cheaper to Photoshop mountains in.

prairierunner said...

I have to say the "flying dog" is my favorite too.

Ed said...

I agree, very nice shots...

Shirley said...

Love that airborne dog!

Kelly said...

Ditto...he caught some serious air! Fun photos!

Andrea said...

Wow...that last shot is awesome!!! Air dog!! :)

Jen Mo said...

Lol Great shots!

J9 said...

I love your dog romping in the snow! Good catch of him in mid air.

The Wife said...

I've always wanted to catch a mid-air dog shot. Haven't been able to yet. Love it!

VioletSky said...

It is great that you caught all three movements in the first shot without blurring any.

Love the airborne dog in the second.

gtyyup said...

Yes, both shots are great! Nicely done...

Rising Rainbow said...

That dog looks like he is flat out flying! How cool is that!

Far Side of Fifty said...

That first shot is a great one, hard to get it all in one shot..you did good! The second it wonderful too..in motion! :)

Oz Girl said...

I absolutely adore the 2nd shot, his ears appear to be helping him fly through the air! :)