Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Still: Water

I had a few ideas for this weeks Sunday Still Challenge, but as spring nears, and the snow melts I was hard pressed to find THE water shot. My first idea was to create the ultimate glass of water with a still life shot. Condensating glass of clear water, ice and a lime and lemon for colour. Another idea was to find a water fountain or natural water area and show how beautiful it can be.

As I was walking Coal yesterday, I stumbled across a use of water that is becoming way to common and totally pisses me off. I hope my picture sends a bit of a message that although we will not be able to eliminate waste, we have to have the conscience to deal with it properly.

I know we should show how serene and lovely water is, but this is something that I'm very sick about.

Alright I vented, here's Coal showing that he doesn't care what temperature or how clean the water is, as long he can lay in it. He is a Black Lab all the way.

You have to keep your eye's on him. If there's water, he's in it.

11 comments:

Regular Guy said...

Great job and I agree with your vent. Go get'um Coal.

allhorsestuff said...

Yes indeedy..I too have a similar VENT about the dumping since I ride in the deep woods..it just stews my grits to see junk there...~ We are going to bag it out this spring..but, they also do foresics on it and track it back to the dummpee.

Your dog is too funny..water dog!
KacyK

Andrea said...

Great message....and Sophie was lying in shallow puddles of melted snow today too. :)

gtyyup said...

You can stand up on that soap box anytime...I totally agree!

Coal is just all dog...great photo!

Ed said...

Littering is one of my peeves, great pic of coal..:-)

MariesImages said...

Littering in inexcusable.
Cute dog shot~

Sherri said...

Vent all you like and I will vent with you. I cannot understand the mentality that permits someone to be to toss stuff like -- and the smoker who leaves cigarette butts all over the place.

Love the Lab....and his name. :)

Janice said...

I agree with you.Glad to know there are other venters great shot of your friend.

J9 said...

I agree with your sentiment on water. And love the shot of Coal in the water!

~ Sara ~ said...

Amen and well done...

The Wife said...

Littering sucks! I agree. I especially hate when people throw cigarettes out of their car windows. They start so many grass fires around here. Yet morons still do it! Okay off my soap box!

Sorry I didn't get around to posting last week. Love Coal in the puddle. I have one just like that. Will lie in any puddle around.