Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Still: Landscape

After visiting so many of my fellow Sunday Challengers previous posts, I realized that I could never compete with the shear beauty of the lands they live in and around. My concept was to show the landscape from a different perspective.

So, while out walking Coal, I decided to get close to the earth. Laying on my stomach, more like a belly, I found this interesting angle of the land.

click on the image to get sucked into the land

So, Yeah or Nay, there you have it! A small but somewhat powerful view of the landscape.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Great perspective!! It is bleak (for photography anyway) around here these days, for sure!!! Love this shot. :)

threecollie said...

That is very cool! And it really does work! Neat idea.

prairierunner said...

That's a cool idea! Maybe Ed will do a whole challenge on "the belly shot"!

Paintsmh said...

Very cool! Kind of like landscape from a bugs eye view! And definitely a good way of dealing with the still gray and dreary land!

MariesImages said...

I really love the low perspective view on this shot.
Nicely done~
Marie

dibear said...

Kudos Pete. If I got down for a shot like yours I don't think I could get up again. :):)

Ed said...

Nice, so thats Canada from a woodchucks perspective..:-)

Jen Mo said...

Great idea! Now I know what a snake sees!!! LOL Great job!!

CTG Ponies said...

Great perspective!

Sherri said...

Whoa, I feel like I'm the height of my pup -- 11 inches high at the shoulder -- when I view the landscape from your vantage point. Great pic!