Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sunday Stills: Architecture

This week's challenge is architecture. I had been walking around Toronto looking for interesting shots before becoming a blogger. Fellow bloggers had sent me the Sunday Stills page and I found them very interesting. Seeing that my family got me a fantastic new Nikon for Christmas, I've been snapping all kinds of shots not only learning the camera, but what to take. I like the Sunday Stills because they get you thinking and creating. These may not be the most interesting pictures in the challenge, but I wanted to get started, so I pulled these out.

Here are a few from my archives.
Straight up Old City Hall in Toronto, ON.

2 of the most recognizable buildings. Rogers Centre (SkyDome) and the CN Tower.

Last shot.

I love the simplicity of this doorway.

See you at the next challenge.

11 comments:

Ed said...

Nice shots and welcome to the Sunday Stills Challenge. If ya want me to add you to the contributors list just drop me a note at the site. I got your site from your comment at Sabrinas site.
Later...Ed

CTG Ponies said...

Very nice! Welcome to the blogging community!

Andrea said...

Love these photos...especially the perspective on the first one! :) Welcome to Sunday Stills!! :)

Jen Mo said...

Wow, great shots! Love the first two. And welcome!

Sabrina said...

Welcome to blogging! Great door!

Flo said...

Welcome to the Sunday Stills. Those are great shots!!!!

Mine is up over at my photo blog.

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

I am always fascinated by doorways...they say so much about a building. Great shots!

gtyyup said...

Welcome to Sunday Stills and the wonderful world of blogging!!!

Great shots of Toronto...look forward to seeing more~~

regularguy said...

Nice shots of the tower.

MariesImages said...

NIce shots, especially the top image. I love how you were able to capture the details in the structure.
Marie

allhorsestuff said...

Very Nice frames..great lines!
KK